The Team7Project – Youth Technology development – is a Nigerian non-profit social enterprise working to encourage Nigerian Young Professionals (Graduates/Under-graduates) on using information and communication technology (ICT) to empower themselves socially and economically.
We are poised with the mind-set that technology will play a major role in creating employment. With eBusiness as our major focus, we have developed a training model that will help expose and develop youths on eBusiness competence thereby helping to create self-employment opportunities and professionalism in our modern economy.
We have a vision committed to creating a technology empowered society where individuals and organisations can drive their entrepreneurial initiatives and creative ideals with easy access to the online communities.
Consulting WP continues to grow ever day thanks to the confidence our clients have in us. We cover many industries such as financial, energy, business services, consumer products.
Why Our Work Matters
The high unemployment situation in the country coupled with the not too impressive state of the economy; naturally make the youth vulnerable in many ways.
Recent statistics show that 60 per cent of the country’s population is youth while youth unemployment rate is estimated to be over 50 percent. Similarly, figures from the National Bureau of Statistics indicate that an average of 1.8 million youths find themselves in the labour market annually, out of which 250, 000 to 300, 000 are graduates. Today, unemployment has become a major concern in the country. Official figures from the Bureau of Statistics puts the figure at about 20% (about 30million), but this number still did not include about 40million other Nigerian youths captured in World Bank statistics in 2009. By implication, it means that if Nigeria’s population is 140 million, then 50% of Nigerians are unemployed, or worse still, at least 71% of Nigerian youths are unemployed. This is particularly disturbing and counterproductive because at least 70% of the population of this country are youths. We are all out to;
- Encourage entrepreneurial creativity via eBusiness technology
- Create professionalism via eBusiness competence
- Discourage internet scams
- Reduce unemployment rate
Some of our collaborators from past events:
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)
- The United States Consulate, Lagos
- The President Barack Obama Young African Leaders Initiative Network
- National Association of Small and Medium Scale Enterprises
- Mass Communication Department, Covenant University
- Small and Medium Scale Enterprise, Association of Nigeria, Abuja
- Women Technology Empowerment Centre
- University of Benin, Edo State Students Union
- Christ Embassy, Church, GRA Ikeja
Our renowned coaching programs will allow you to:
- Work fewer hours — and make more money
- Attract and retain quality, high-paying customers
- Manage your time so you’ll get more done in less time
- Hone sharp leadership skills to manage your team
- Cut expenses without sacrificing quality
- Automate your business, so you can leave for days, weeks, or even months at a time